The Backstreet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find the ToO?

+3
JoytheAwesome
T.S. (myself)
snubs
7 posters

Go down

How did you find the ToO? Empty How did you find the ToO?

Post by snubs Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:15 pm

* Split from this thread *

T.S. (myself) wrote:Then, a question for you: How did you find out about the ToO?
I would like to answer this one along with bookworm. I found out about the ToO from the OdysseyScoop. I didn't join at first because I had no idea what a forum was or how it worked. So I was totally lost. But after a little time had passed I came across it again and noticed it had a chat, and got on there. After chatting with the people (over the course of a couple visits) I finally joined, and figured things out fairly quickly. And have thoroughly enjoyed The Town of Odyssey ever since.
snubs
snubs
Admin
Admin

https://backstreet.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How did you find the ToO? Empty Re: How did you find the ToO?

Post by T.S. (myself) Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Thank you snubs.

In fact, every ToO member who reads this, please specify how you found out about your forum, and if you were discussing AiO anywhere else previously (whitsend, CC, ect.).

T.S. (myself)
The Soda Shop
The Soda Shop

Back to top Go down

Post by JoytheAwesome Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 am

I was with a chat group on Whitsend, that started a few years ago. And I commented on the Odysseyscoop. I found out about the ToO once, through an Aiowiki contest or through the scoop. I just didn't know what it was, so I forgot about it. Then, I saw it again, began to realize what it was, read a few posts and joined.

JoytheAwesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:08 pm

I found the ToO on AIOwiki, went into the chat for a few minutes, and made an account. There was some kind of problem with my registration, so I had a few e-mails back and forth with Catspaw, which really made me feel welcome. Smile
Woody
Woody

Back to top Go down

How did you find the ToO? Empty How did you find the ToO?

Post by Sir Kayeff Moose Breath Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I've know about it's existence for years. And then I re-found it awhile back on the Scoop, but decided to join CC instead. Then, yikes, nearly two years ago I decided to join.

Sir Kayeff Moose Breath

Back to top Go down

Post by bookworm Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

T.S. (myself) wrote:How did you find out about the ToO?
I actually found the site through whitsend.org so I get a chuckle out of the disclaimer at the bottom of the ToO index page “The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family.” Maybe not, but that’s how I got there.

It was back when it looked like this. Actually, that it the exact page that it was. It’s incredible that there would be an archive of that.

I was on there, and I noticed that little note on the bottom that says ‘Vote for your favorite episode’ and clicked the link. To my surprise it went to a completely different site. It went to the ToO. I looked around, taking in this new place.

Many people who find our site lurk around for a few weeks, maybe even months, before deciding to join. I did not. I joined that very night. I didn’t need a lurking period, I instantly realized that this was a special community that I wanted to be a part of.
bookworm
bookworm
Official ToO Historian
Official ToO Historian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 am

I had come across the AIO HQ and was skimming through it and I came across the boards and I thought it would be cool to join, so I did.

Bren
Campbell County
Campbell County

Back to top Go down

Post by T.S. (myself) Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank you for all of the replies.

That's very interesting, bookworm. Thank you.

T.S. (myself)
The Soda Shop
The Soda Shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum